FAQs about platform app & story analytics
For issues that require deeper investigation, users may be asked to Send a Debug Report to the platform.
If a user's logs are persistently failing to upload, you can ask them to send a debug report from their account. This will send the platform a report to investigate device log issues.
To send a Debug Report, the user will need to:
- 1.Open the app and go to "Account"
- 2.Under "Information", select "Send Debug Report"
- 3.Choose "Yes" to send
How a user can send a debug report
If you are a platform backend user and are unable to see analytics on your Analytics page, please check the following:
- 1.That you have the correct user permission (your account Agent can check this).
- 2.Try using the platform by opening a browser tab in incognito mode. If the analytics load, then it's likely that you have a plugin (e.g. anti-virus or ad-blocker plugin) that is blocking required scripts to run the platform.
- 3.To permanently resolve a plugin from blocking platform displays, you can whitelist the platform domain in any anti-virus or ad-blocking plugins.
Open a story in Authoring & select Story from the top menu. Select Builds & Archives from the dropdown to see all the builds and date when each build was released.
When a user reports that they have completed a story, but their logs do not reflect the same status on the backend, you can manually edit the logs.
You can edit the score (if max. score was set), duration, and status of the log.
In Analytics, open a story, and then got to Logs. From here you can select the cogwheel icon for any specific user and then select "Force Status". Force Status allows you to manually enter the time taken to complete a story, and to set the status (In Progress or Completed).
Exports from the platform use a semi-colon delimiter with quotes as a string delimiter. When opening a CSV export, please open it with these options. Generally, most Excel programs have this set as the default.
If column headings are missing or fields are missing, it is possible that these options were not applied.
If the number of survey responses do not correlate with the number of users, this is due to re-attempts made by users.
When you export the results, only the latest attempt will be shown. The Analytics UI (as illustrated below), however, will take into consideration all attempts made, i.e. will give the total responses as well as number of attempts expressed as "Out of n Responses users answered x."
Note the discrepancy between number of respons