How to manage your user audience
The groups feature allows you to organise users into groups. These groups can then be used to send app invites, for content targeting, and for filtering & analytics.
You can assign a group type to suit the nature of each user group.
- General. This is the default type; this group will be visible in user lists, when targeting content for distribution, and in filtering & analytics
- Targeting Only. Select this type if a group is only used for content targeting, i.e. when publishing content to a Pathway, Stream, or Story.
- Filter Only. Select this type if the group should only be visible in analytics, reports, and user filtering.
Open the Groups section on the platform. Under the Groups tab, select +Add Group.
- Name. The name you want to give the group e.g. Sales, Marketing, Development.
- Group Type. Select a type for the group (default type is General).
- Related Apps. If you have multiple apps you can select which apps this group is related to. By default, All Apps will be selected.
Once you have created a group, you can add users to this group.
- Select the options icon for the group, then Manage Users.
- In the new window, select Add Users at the top right.
- Fill in the user details in the first row and select the + to add.
- Repeat the above step for each user you want to add.
Tip: Mobile-Only Users
If your platform app has mobile sign ups enabled, you can import / add users with mobile numbers only (no email address needed).
To easily import groups and users, upload a CSV. You can import users to an existing group, or do a bulk import of users & groups.
- Bulk Import. In the Groups section, select Import Groups. This will allow you to import up to 500 users along with multiple groups. If the group does not exist it will automatically created.
- Import to a single group. Select the options icon for a group and then Manage Users. In the new window, select Import. This will allow you to import up to 500 users to a single group.
Tip: Bulk Import You can bulk import up to 500 users. If you need to import more than 500 users, batch them into individual import files.
Add users to a group if you want to invite them to download your platform app. Invited users are sent an account activation code and a download link.
If your app is public, users can sign up without being invited.
Private apps require users to sign in (no 'create account' option). All private app users must be invited to the app by being added to a group.
Invited users are sent an account activation code and download link.
Users who already have a platform account can sign in to public apps using their existing credentials.
See who signed up to your public app
To see which users have signed up, open Groups and then select the "Users" tab from the top menu. This will show a list of all signed up users and their related details. You can use the export option to extract the user list.
Any user who signs up will not belong to a group (unless later invited to a group). The user will, therefore, show as belonging to "No Group".